Whether you are an existing user of CATIA®, SOLIDWORKS® or other CAD software, or simply a designer looking for new ideas, it’s easy to get started with the 3DEXPERIENCE® portfolio of online CAD apps.
Watch our xApps Talks to learn how designers are using the cloud-based 3D modeling applications xShape, xDesign and xGenerative Design for total flexibility, unparalleled creativity, automation and digital continuity.
- Episode 1 | Intuitive Sub-D Modeling with xShape for Beginners
xShape is a browser-based 3D subdivision modeling solution that allows industrial designers, engineers and artists to create models with ergonomic or stylized organic shapes, faster and easier than with traditional parametric tools. Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform on the cloud, it complements the parametric workflows of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software with intuitive subdivision modeling and efficient design data exchange.
From this video you’ll learn the basics of the Sub-D modeling :
- Why Sub-D modeling (surface modeling on SW and with xShape)
- Getting started from scratch
- Best practices for Sub-D modeling workflows
- Touch interface
- Episode 2 | Advanced Sub-D modeling with xShape
In the second episode our experts deep dive in the advanced Sub-D modeling features using xShape.
- Create complex surfaces quickly using intuitive push-pull interaction to shape your design.
- Utilize advanced features to flex, bend, and align geometry with ease.
- Analyze geometry to ensure a smooth transition to downstream modeling and manufacturing needs.
- Episode 3 | Computational modeling with CATIA xGenerative Design
CATIA xGenerative Design is a computational modeling app that lets you create bio-inspired shapes with stunning generative patterns providing automated exploration of alternative designs.
From this episode you’ll learn how CATIA xGenerative Design application powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform on the cloud enables designers, engineers and architects to easily and quickly design new shapes, from the simplest to the most complex.
- Explore and generate styling patterns and shapes inspired by nature.
- No coding experience required to create flexible rule-driven designs with high model fidelity (through the CATIA CGM geometry kernel).
- Capture and re-use knowledge and design best practices to get the most out of your work