Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet to explain why ERP systems fail to meet expectations.
It can happen to any size organization, large or small, and while some failure prone issues are out of your hands (for example, your ERP vendor goes out of business or stops providing updates), most pitfalls can be avoided with care and attention. For example:
- Selecting the right solution that fits your business process
- Obtaining stakeholder and management sponsor buy in
- Setting realistic goals
- Reviewing business process
- Training, training and more training
- Staying current on new version and technology
The whitepaper, Why ERP Systems Fail to Perform, will review common reasons ERP systems fail to perform and arm you with the tools you need to prevent a breakdown from occurring at your business.