A new ERP system enables a culture of continuous improvement, providing a distinct advantage over the competition
When you are a growing manufacturer of appliance, electrical, transportation, and industrial products with four facilities across North America, you cannot afford to run your operations with an antiquated system that is not keeping pace with the increase in orders and manufacturing activity.
That was the case for Ohio-based Mar-Bal, Inc. That is until they made the switch to DELMIAWorks manufacturing ERP solution, which enabled an increase in operational efficiency, allowing them to keep up with growing demand and generate immediate savings in time and money across the board.
With an annual savings of $258,000 across its four plants and the elimination of idle downtime, Mar-Bal is on the path to success with the capacity to handle additional demand.
Where did Mar-Bal find savings?
- $5,000 of potential machine hours, no longer lost to downtime for physical inventory
- $40,000 by more efficient order processing with EDI
- $20,000 with outbound EDI invoice and ASN processing
- $83,000 by eliminating regular and monthly physical inventories
- $23,000 resulting from quicker month-end close processes
- $62,000 from more accurate and timely production reporting
- $30,000 resulting from the visibility of global material purchases allowing for volume purchasing
Learn how Mar-Bal can process an order at less cost, more accurately, and without increasing headcount.