- Personal Data about 3DS employees and candidates,
- Personal Data that 3DS processes on behalf of its customers or other third parties as specified in the applicable agreement.
- The Types of personal data 3DS may collect about you (e.g. your contact details);
- How the personal data is collected;
- The purposes and legal basis of processing your personal data (e.g. to comply with the law, for marketing purposes with your consent);
- Your rights and choices about your personal data: Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have legal rights associated with 3DS processing of your personal data, including rights to access, correct, delete, transfer, or object to the processing of your personal data. Regardless of where you live, 3DS will honor your request to opt-out of being contacted for marketing reasons;
- How to contact us.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED BY 3DS
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the natural person.
Depending on the purposes detailed below, personal data processed by 3DS includes:
- Personal and business contact information such as first and last names, postal address, email address, telephone number(s) and job title;
- Profile information such as user ID, login and password, profile picture, university, degree, certification and courses taken; type of organization (company, school, etc.), organization name, organization size, department, industry and sub-industry sectors;
- Transaction information details related to purchases you make, including through 3DS Sites, event registrations and billing data (such as credit card details, bank account information), signature;
- Health related data, if you attend an event organized by 3DS, you may be asked for health information for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of individuals who have disabilities, special dietary requirements as well as other additional personal data that are necessary to be processed throughout the even;.
- Usage Information such as IP and Mac Addresses, logs, on how you use 3DS Services, including data from cookies as described below and through the 3DS marketing preferences Center as applicable.
Such personal data may be collected by 3DS through the following means:
- Directly from you through the Services or otherwise communicated;
- From third-parties, such as:
- - Your employer, school or other organization you belong to,
- - Third parties you directed to share your personal data with 3DS;
- - Public databases.
The provision of personal data identified as mandatory is on a voluntary basis but is necessary to provide you with 3DS Services.
Please be aware that 3DS Services are not designed for children who are considered as minors under applicable data protection laws. If you are a minor, you are not allowed to use 3DS Services, except if you have the prior authorization from your parents or guardians. If 3DS learns that it has collected personal data from a child, it will delete that information as quickly as possible.
WHY YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY 3DS
3DS only uses your personal data as permitted by law. The legal bases and purposes of 3DS processing of your personal data are described below:
With your Consent
- To communicate with you, including when you request information related to 3DS Services, register on 3DS Sites, participate in surveys, or allow 3DS to take specific actions (e.g. post your testimonials or endorsements on 3DS Sites) and more generally to manage 3DS communication and marketing activities;
- To ascertain your requirements and interests and provide you with the most suitable Services;
- To provide you with a personalized, interactive use of Sites and allow you to access all their features;
- To enable you to display certain of your personal information related to your profile while exchanging ideas and other information about Services with other users of 3DS Sites, including the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
To enter into an agreement to provide 3DS Services
- To enable you to register for an event, seminar, webinar or enter a contest including to track and administer events you have registered for and attended, and to subscribe you to 3DS community forums; Create an account to have access to 3DS Services and obtain a user ID such as the “3DEXPERIENCE ID”;
- To enable 3DS to manage its business relationships with you, (in conjunction with sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, invoices, delivery, support - including essential information for users of 3DS Services - and security of 3DS Services or professional services);
- To manage your training and/or certification on 3DS Services, which may include tracking your learning progress in order to make this information available to you;
- To operate, maintain, administer and improve the Services.
To comply with the following legitimate interests
3DS takes into consideration and balances any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before processing your personal data for purposes based on legitimate interest. Unless 3DS has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to do so by law, 3DS will not use your personal data in situations where the impact on you outweighs its legitimate interest in processing your personal data:
- To improve your experience better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the 3DS Services, including remembering your settings;
- To provide you with information related to marketing activities for similar goods and products if you are already using 3DSServices;
- To enable 3DS to manage its business relationships when you are acting on behalf of a 3DS prospect or customer (in conjunction with sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, invoices, delivery, support - including essential information for users of 3DS Services - and security of 3DS Services or professional services);
- To manage the 3DS Anti-Piracy and Compliance program;
- To create anonymous data for analytics;
- To protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity as well as for security and safety prevention, within the framework of 3DS Cybersecurity Program.
3DS may combine your personal data together with additional relevant publicly available information or personal data collected through other processing activities.
To comply with law
- To keep your financial data with a third party payment provider;
- To comply with lawful requests and legal process such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities as detailed hereinafter.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS RETAINED
3DS does not store your personal data for more time than necessary and only as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out above. Retention periods may vary depending on the data categories and the processing activities. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, 3DS considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which 3DS processes your personal data and whether 3DS can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements:
- where you gave your consent, until you withdraw it;
- where 3DS has entered into an agreement with you or your employer, as long as the agreement is into force plus the applicable local statutes of limitations;
- where 3DS has a legitimate interest in using your personal data, for a limited period of time appropriate to ensure a fair processing of your personal data or until you object to 3DS’s use of your personal data, subject to 3DS’ compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing which override your interest in objecting or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- where 3DS is required to comply with a legal obligation, the retention period will be determined according to the applicable law;
- Where your personal data is required to assert or defend against legal claims, 3DS will retain your personal data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted or anonymized using process and methods in accordance with data protection standards.
WITH WHOM 3DS SHARES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3DS does not rent or sell information but may share your necessary personal data for certain business purposes with the following categories of organizations:
- With 3DS trusted stakeholders
- - Event or marketing sponsors: 3DS may share your personal data with trusted sponsors with which 3DS organizes events or marketing promotions. When you register for an event, 3DS may share your name, company, and email address with other participants and sponsors of the same event for the purpose of communication about the event and the exchange of ideas.
- - 3DS business partners (https://www.3ds.com/partners/ and https://www.solidworks.com/how-to-buy/find-solidworks-reseller/): 3DS may share your personal data with 3DS business partners such as resellers assigned to you to provide you or your employer with appropriate offers or Services.
- With third parties to comply with applicable laws: 3DS may, depending on the applicable law, disclose some of your personal data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties, (a) if 3DS believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order), (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern 3DS Services, (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of 3DS, 3DS’s customers, or the public and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity. 3DS will review the requests to make sure they satisfy applicable laws. If a request asks for too much information, 3DS will try to narrow it, and if possible will object to producing any information at all.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
When accessing a 3DS Site, please note that through your continued use of it, if you are located in a different country than the 3DS Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to a country outside of your own where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction may.
As part of a worldwide multi-tiered organization 3DS may transfer your personal data from a country or region to another country or region, including anywhere in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. . This can for example happen when 3DS provides you with Services such as training, customer support or hosted services.
Whenever 3DS transfers your personal data to countries not deemed by your country’s authorities (e.g. the European Commission) to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, the transfer will be based on safeguards recognized by your country’s authorities as providing adequate protection for personal data such as the Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission, your informed consent for the transfer or any other relevant mechanism.
Please contact us if you want further information on the mechanism used by 3DS when transferring your personal data.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on the applicable data protection laws, you may have some or all of the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- access your personal data;
- obtain a copy of your personal data stored by 3DS;
- request the rectification, completion, update or erasure of your personal data;
- restrict processing;
- object to specific processing of your personal data if that processing is based on legitimate interests;
- data portability; and..
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe from marketing communications).
If you have an account, you can exercise your rights by logging on to your account. Otherwise, you may exercise your rights by submitting your request here: https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact.
Depending on the scope of the request, and if permitted under applicable law, 3DS may charge a reasonable fee to cover costs incurred in connection with such request. 3DS may deny access to your personal data in limited circumstances in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
3DS may request specific information from you to confirm your identity or process your request. Applicable laws may require or permit 3DS to decline your request but in all cases, 3DS will provide you with an explanation of its position, subject to legal restrictions.
3DS maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction during transmission and once in its possession. However, while 3DS strives to protect your personal data, in light of the inevitable risks linked to the Internet, 3DS cannot guarantee full protection against any leak.
It is important for you to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password and information appearing on your account. Consequently, you must ensure that you log out of your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies used by 3DS
Depending on the Services, 3DS uses different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are always used; as they are essential for you to properly use the 3DS Services and cannot be switched off. For example, they allow you to save your personalization settings (choice of language, presentation of a service, saving your shopping cart).
- Functional cookies are used in order to improve the performance of the 3DS Services, to provide you with optimized features and a more personal experience by collecting information when you use 3DS Services. Functional cookies also include analytics and performance cookies that are used to collect information about the traffic to 3DS Sites and how users use 3DS Services. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to 3DS Sites, the websites that referred you to 3DS Sites, the pages you visited on 3DS Sites, what time of day and duration you visited 3DS Sites, whether you have visited 3DS Sites before, and other similar information. 3DS uses this information to help operate 3DS Sites more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on 3DS Site.
- Advertising cookies are implemented by 3DS or third parties, in order to build a profile of your interests and to provide you with personalized and targeted content. They do not directly store personal data, but are based on the unique identification of your browser and internet device.
To see the detailed list of cookies used by 3DS and their purpose, click here.
You can remove or reject functional and advertising cookies at any time through the cookies banner or by clicking “Manage my cookies preferences” link in the footer of the Site. However, if you do not accept certain cookies, some functionalities and features of the Services may not function properly and you may experience some inconvenience in their use. For example, 3DS may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit 3DS Sites. If you choose to remove advertising cookies, you will still see advertisements but they may not be relevant to you.
CONTACT - DISPUTE RESOLUTION
3DS is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal data: You can contact the 3DS Data Protection Officer via the following form: https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact if:
- you encounter any issue when having access to your personal data or related to your rights as described above;
- you believe that 3DS is not complying with the GDPR or the applicable local data protection laws;
- you have a reason to believe that the security of your personal data has been compromised or misused.
When you want to report a claim by lodging a complaint to the 3DS Global Data Protection Officer, you will need to send a letter to the address mentioned at the end of this Policy or submit your claim using the form referenced above containing (in addition to the information required by the form and depending on the type of rights) the name or reference of the concerned processing and any additional information as reasonably requested by the 3DS Global Data Protection Officer.
If your usual place of residence is in European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, you have a right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
When applicable, contacts of 3DS Local Data Protection Officers are available in the below supplemental country or regional terms.
DATE OF ENTRY INTO FORCE OF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT AND CHANGES TO IT
ADDITIONAL COUNTRY OR REGIONAL TERMS
With regard to your rights or any concern you may have related to your personal data, in addition to the contact information above, you may also contact the local 3DS Affiliate located in your country with writing to the legal department at the address in the following table:
|GDPR Countries, Switzerland & United Kingdom||Dassault Systèmes S.E.||
Legal Department – DPO Office
|Russia||Dassault Systèmes LLC||
Yartsevskaya str. 19, office СLVII,
|Australia||Dassault Systèmes Australia Pty Ltd.||
Level 10, 15 William Street
Dassault Systèmes (Shanghai) Information Technology Co., Ltd.,
Dassault Systèmes (Shanghai) Information Technology Co., Ltd.,
Dassault Systèmes K.K
Representative Director: Philippe Godbout
Personal Information Inquiries
|Republic of Korea||Dassault Systemes Korea Corp.||
Data protection Office - Legal Department
|Singapore||Dassault Systemes Singapore Pte. Ltd.||
Data Protection Office - Legal deparment
Dassault Systèmes DO Brasil LTDA
DS America Corp. Legal Department – DPO for Americas
|Canada||Dassault Systèmes Canada, Inc||
DS America Corp. Legal Department – DPO for Americas
|Mexico||Dassault Systemes de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
(Av. Paseo de la Reforma No. 505 piso 36, Suite B, Colonia Cuauhtema, 065000 Mexiso D.F.)
DS America Corp. Legal Department – DPO for Americas
|USA||Dassault Systèmes Americas Corp.||
All payments made in connection with the 3DS Sites are processed through a third party payment service provider to which 3DS or you provide necessary personal data to enable you to purchase 3DS Services. These payment service providers may share your personal data with other services providers (such as verification service, web posting, data analytics) to perform the services in connection with completing a transaction including the processing of payments. 3DS authorizes such payment service provider and related service providers to use and disclose your personal data as long as necessary to perform the foregoing services provided they comply with legal requirements.
- Right to confirmation of the existence of processing
- Right to have their personal data anonymized on request
REPUBLIC OF CHINA
Personal information means various types of information that are relating to identified or identifiable individuals, as recorded in electronic or other forms, but excluding anonymized information.
3DS may collect the following categories of personal information under the circumstances as below:
Registration: You may register an account through 3DS Sites and 3DS will collect your personal and business contact information, including your first and last name, universally unique identifier, user ID, email address, postal address, phone number, login, password and country and you may consent to receive marketing communications.
Purchase of 3DS services: Transaction information details related to your purchases may be collected by 3DS to perform the deal, including your date of birth, identity documents and proof of address as applicable, billing data (such as credit card details, bank account information).
Use of 3DS Services: When you request for or use 3DS Services, 3DS will collect your profile information (including user ID, login name and password, profile picture, university, degree, certification and courses taken, organization name, organization size, department, industry and sub-industry sectors, date of birth, job title, phone number, photo, video, audio, professional and academic background, skills, interests), so that 3DS can provide with you 3DS Services to perform our contract.
Attend 3DS training and/or certification: To manage your training and/or certification on 3DS Services, 3DS will process your learning progress, first and last name, email address, school or organization, country, user name, student or professional ID in order to provide training and/or certification services with you according to our contract.
Feedback: You may submit feedback in a survey or interact with 3DS through 3DS Sites, where 3DS may collect such information from you, so that 3DS can respond to your feedback.
Device information: To understand how you use 3DS Services, 3DS will collect operating and usage data regarding how you use 3DS Sites and Services, including IP and MAC address, logs.
Cookies: 3DS will collect your operation and usage data through cookies when you visit 3DS websites and other apps, in particular in order to review your network environment and constantly improve 3DS Service to make it more user-friendly.
3DS may collect the following categories of personal information under the circumstances as below:
Sensitive Personal Information
Financial personal information (credit card number and expiry date, name and address of the cardholder), to perform contracts of which 3DS is one of the contracting parties and complete your purchase;
Health information (for the sole purpose of identifying and being considerate of individuals who have disabilities or special dietary requirements throughout events to which you attend).
Minor’s personal information: 3DS may only collect personal data from children, who are considered minors under the applicable data protection law, with the prior consent of their parents or guardians. In such a case, 3D will formulate separate personal information processing rules for minor’s personal information, and will process minor’s personal information in accordance with those separate rules.
We collect your above sensitive personal information to the necessary scope as required to perform the above purposes. You understand that the leakage or illegal use of your sensitive personal information could easily infringe your dignity or harm your body and property security. We adopt strict protection measures to protect your sensitive personal information.
If you accept to receive marketing communications and other relevant information from 3DS, 3DS will send you this commercial information, as well as recommendation of contents that you may be interested in via SMS, email or phone. You can unsubscribe from receiving such marketing materials with the help of customer service, or through the instructions in the SMS and email.
Provide Personal Information to Third Parties
If 3DS needs to provide your personal information to third parties, 3DS will strictly follow applicable laws and requirements. When it is so required by applicable laws and regulations, 3DS will notify you of details about how 3DS provides your personal information to third parties and obtain your separate consents.
International Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be stored on servers in China or overseas. As part of a worldwide multi-tiered organization, 3DS may share your personal information outside China, for example, with other 3DS affiliates and with 3DS suppliers or business partners, to support the products and services provided to you or the organization you are working for. 3DS will comply with the Chinese Regulations for such transfer, including taking reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information in accordance with the Chinese Regulations. We will notify you of details how we transfer your personal information on cross-border basis and obtain your separate consents, if applicable laws and regulations requires us to do so.
What Are Your Rights And Choices:
Withdraw your consent: certain basic personal information may be required by 3DS to provide you with Services. For personal information not necessary, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Delete your account: You may ask for the deletion of your account at any time, and 3DS will process your request as soon as practicable after verifying your identity and related authorization.
File a complaint: You can address a request to 3DS if you have any concern related to the process of your personal information.
Data portability: If you have satisfied requirements provided by competent government authorities, you can request 3DS transfer your personal information to designated entities, and 3DS will provide the methods of transfer to you.
3DS will provide you with a response to your request without undue delay and in any event within a maximum delay of fifteen (15) days of receipt of a complete request.
Additional Information Related To Your Personal Information Processed By 3DS
Items regarding joint use of your Personal Information
- Items of Personal Information jointly used: Personal Information as described in “WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED BY 3DS” above.
- Scope of persons or entities jointly use the Personal Information: Third parties as described in “WITH WHOM 3DS SHARES YOUR PERSONAL DATA” above.
- Purpose of use by joint processor: For each joint processor, purposes of use as described in WITH WHOM 3DS SHARES YOUR PERSONAL DATA” or for the organizations involved with the event, purposes of use as described in the registration page.
With regard to your Retained Personal Data (as defined in APPI), for notification of purpose of use or request for disclosure of Retained Personal Data, we will charge JPY 800 per request
Processing and Sharing of Your Personal Data
Processing of Health Information
If you attend an event organized by 3DS, and you are asked for health information for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of individuals who have disabilities, special dietary requirements, and 3DS will only process such health information upon your separate consent in a written form.
International Data Transfers and Localization of Personal Data
USA - PRIVACY NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, UTAH AND VIRGINIA
Under the state privacy laws applicable to residents of the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia, you may be entitled to benefit from some or all of the following additional provisions regarding your personal information.
What are the Categories of Personal Information Collected
The categories of personal information 3DS collects about US residents are identifiers (e.g. name, address, email, phone number, job title, and transactional information), and internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g. usage information, IP and MAC address, cookie information, and customer feedback).
What Are Your Rights and Choices
Depending on your state of residence, you may have the right to request that 3DS discloses to you certain information about 3DS’ collection and use of your personal information. That information may include:
- The categories of personal information 3DS collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which 3DS collected your personal information;
- 3DS’ business or commercial purpose for collecting, or sharing your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom 3DS shares your personal information, if any;
- A copy of your personal information and a list of recipients, as applicable.
Only you, or a person, or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State in your state of residency to conduct business in your state of residency that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. The request must provide enough information to allow 3DS to 1) reasonably verify you are the person about whom 3DS collected Personal Information or an authorized representative and 2) enable 3DS to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Making such a request does not require you to create an account with us. 3DS will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
3DS does not respond to “do not track” signals.
3DS will not discriminate against you (for example by denying you products or services, charging you a higher price or giving you a different level or quality of service) for exercising any of your state law privacy rights.
Dassault Systèmes Headquarters
10, Rue Marcel Dassault
Last modification: October 26, 2022