Lightweighting is a whole thing now.
We all know we should be doing it because, well, it makes things lighter. Which means they're cheaper to produce and ship, cheaper to run, and better for the environment. But there are plenty of obstacles in the way.
Engineering.com surveyed nearly three hundred designers, engineers and managers who lightweight designs to understand how they incorporate lightweighting into their work.
These are a few of the main findings:
- The key obstacles to lightweighting
- How designs are typically optimized
- How long it takes to create a detailed design
- What's impeding the use of generative design for lightweighting
- Who are the leading vendors for generative design
Get the figures and find out more in the full report.