Are you struggling to manage your CAD engineering environment?
Medical device product development and process complexity is rising while designers are under increasing pressure to innovative faster. To do this they need to improve collaboration, productivity, engineering and manufacturing processes. And, in this post-Covid era, companies are seeking ways to achieve workforce agility and resilience during times of business disruptions. CAD tools give medical device engineers strong engineering capabilities, however it can be a struggle to connect all engineering data in a single source which is shareable in real-time across all sites and enables continuity with digital manufacturing.
Did you know?
- 93% of companies report they need to improve collaboration with different groups.
- Engineers work with outdated information 28% of the time.
- 59% of companies rate their ability to synchronize design data with third parties as ""moderate"" to ""not at all effective.""
- 89% agree that better collaboration with non-CAD users would help.
- Top performers are 33% more likely to collaborate with customers.
*statistics from Tech Clarity report ‘Whats the Cost of Poor Engineering Collaboration’"
By connecting CAD tools to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, medical device designers and design managers can perform data and product lifecycle management from within their familiar CAD environment to seamlessly manage all stages of product development.
Using our Collaborative Engineering Management experience, users can reveal CAD design data to other design contributors, manage projects, assign tasks and collaborate more effectively. They can discover and use additional applications for advanced design, simulation and manufacturing that directly leverage CAD data without the need for translation.