How many factors do you consider when assigning products to plants, warehouses, and customers? 10, 20, 100? Having the ability to optimize every aspect of your product’s journey is key. At the very least, you need to be able to juggle trade-offs between:
- Production costs – can you balance long- and short-term supplier contracts
- Inventory – can you balance safety stock and service level?
- Transportation costs – slow and cost effective, or expedited and expensive?
- Capacity – can you prioritize choice customers or treat everyone the same?
- Delivery performance – how well can you deal with disruptions?
- Demand spikes – do you have the flexibility to ramp up production at short notice?
Failing to do so might hurt your service levels and bottom line. Download this solution brief to find out what capabilities you’re missing.