Innovative drug delivery devices combine patient insight with engineering excellence to make drug delivery as simple as possible, but the challenges associated with creating these innovative products can impact project schedules, product cost and product quality. However, a robust, lean design process, which connects and standardizes modeling and simulation, can eliminate the late discovery of design issues and help expand capacity and speed to market.
With simulation you can identify and resolve design and quality issues before they appear in manufacturing or the marketplace. When you democratize the use of simulation, the design and engineering team can quickly identify these issues themselves while the simulation experts focus on issues that are more complex. Putting the simulation into the hands of the designer can shorten what used to take 5 hours to gain insight to 5 minutes – dramatically accelerating your development cycle
Watch our webinar Injecting Innovation into Combination Medical Device Development to understand how the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform helps Life Sciences companies:
- Collaborate on meeting functional requirements.
- Reduce time and cost of physical testing.
- Evaluate and improve the plastic injection molding process.
- Meet regulatory and industry standards.
With the increasing complexity and sophistication of drug delivery devices, the stringent regulatory requirements associated with them and the competitive nature of the market, Life Sciences companies have to overcome many obstacles in delivering products poised to transform the patient experience:
- Late discovery of design issues detrimentally affects product timelines, cost and product quality.
- Capacity limitations hinder innovation with too few projects concurrent projects of limited scope.
- Inefficient design processes leading to waste of time and resources.
- Design iterations taking too long extending project timelines beyond the window of opportunity.
With Dassault Systèmes Device Mechanical Engineering solution on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, Life Sciences companies can standardize & democratize design and simulation throughout the organization. With digital collaboration and automation facilitating quicker design iterations, shorter lead times and better designs, drug delivery innovation can accelerate to new levels.
The unique capabilities provided on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, enables Life Sciences companies to:
- Instantiate effective robust system design for improved product quality & patient experiences
- Create an optimized (LEAN) design process reducing cost (effort to execute)
- Implement, develop and promote the use of virtual twins accelerating simulation based design decisions
- Create a digital continuum: unify the digital siloes and shorten projects timelines
Device Mechanical Engineering
Optimizing Medical Devices in the Virtual World
As populations age and science matures, we’re seeing greater demand for medical devices. How do we make sure that not only are these devices safe and effective, but that patients have a better chance of an optimal experience with each device?
From 40% - 60% Cost Reduction
Up to 75% Improvement in Project Lead Time
From 40% - 50% Reduction in Project Time