Complete this form to have a DraftSight expert contact you to answer your questions and discuss any of your needs including:
• Product Pricing
• License Options
• Product Demonstration
• Finding a Local Reseller
• Subscriptions and Maintenance
DraftSight® has the productivity tools, functionality, and file compatibility you need to create, edit, view and markup any 2D or 3D DWG-file with speed and efficiency.
Millions of designers’ trust DraftSight’s advanced desktop 2D and 3D CAD with powerful time-saving functionalities and an API to accelerate design projects.
Drafters, designers and engineers choose DraftSight Professional as their 2D CAD solution to create, view, manage, and convert drawings including DGN, DXF and DWG files. DraftSight products are easy to learn and use, and work together to help you design better, faster, and more cost efficiently.
Why choose DraftSight?
- Easily transition from similar CAD applications with familiarity and compatibility
- Increase ROI without sacrificing quality or productivity
- Choice of feature sets and licensing
- Seamlessly utilize legacy drawings and data, all at a fraction of the price
While many companies are evaluating technology budgets for design, 2D CAD software remains critically important. Companies rely on 2D CAD software for maintaining legacy data, supporting traditional processes/workflows, developing schematic designs/layouts, and managing and marking up drawings. Your CAD software should continually provide a strong cost/benefit ratio, giving you the capabilities you need while benefiting your bottom line. Having a range of products to choose from helps you find the best software for your needs at the best value.
Understanding the benefits of your CAD software versus its cost requires an evaluation of the capabilities that are important to your business, and then determining whether your existing CAD software meets those requirements more affordably than other available options. Using the questions and features chart (Page 6), you can assess whether you are paying too much for your current CAD software and if your organization has an opportunity to save.
• How well does your CAD software manage your legacy data?
• Can you read in and write out DWG, DXF, and DWT files?
• Can you create, edit, view and markup any type of 2D drawing?
• Is your CAD software easy to learn and use?
• Are there different, cost-effective options for your business (whether you are looking for single users, multiple users, network licenses, support)?
• Is your CAD software scalable or tailored to your specific needs?
• Does your CAD software offer a range of products with the options you need (this may include feature sets, licensing options, and software customization via an Application Programming Interface (API))?
• Do you need a product with 3D design and/or 2D constraints?
• Does your CAD software cost the same or less than other CAD software that offers similar capabilities?
• In addition to the subscription for your 2D CAD software, does your vendor offer you the option to purchase a perpetual license?
The following list offers several typical tasks, matching them to the specific minimum version of DraftSight suitable to the need.
Creating 2D designs or making significant revisions to existing designs: DraftSight Professional offers advanced features, including a rich set of productivity tools, including reusable blocks (including support for Dynamic Blocks!) and other elements (Design Library); the ability to compare two drawings (DrawCompare); batch printing; and API access, to customize and automate processes and get your jobs done fast.
Working with drawings created in Bentley Systems MicroStation: DraftSight Professional and above. AutoCAD may be the leading tool for construction design and documentation, but there are other products with large markets. Bentley Systems is a leader in civil engineering, network utilities, and power plant design. Bentley products use a file format called DGN, and DraftSight Professional or higher support importing it.
Mechanical design: DraftSight Professional or higher contains a toolbox of standards-based mechanical symbols and mechanical annotation features.
3D design: DraftSight Premium or Enterprise Plus. These two versions include all the drafting features of DraftSight Professional, and add 3D modeling and editing (wireframe or solids), 3D meshing, and 2D constraints for parametric drawing.
A highly collaborative workgroup: DraftSight Enterprise or Enterprise Plus. Dassault Systemès brought DraftSight to the market because for every seat of 3D CAD there are between four and ten seats of 2D CAD in the organization supporting the same mission. In the DraftSight family of products, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are specific to the needs of workgroups. In addition to all the features of Standard and Professional, there is significant integration with the SOLIDWORKS® ecosystem.
Beyond the drafting and interoperability, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus offer network licensing support, technical support, and a deployment wizard. The main difference between Enterprise and Enterprise Plus is that 2D Constraints and the 3D Modeling toolset are only in Enterprise Plus.
DraftSight is a proven CAD solution with the productivity tools, functionality, and compatibility you need with choices in product and license flexibility at the best value.
DraftSight Contact Sales for DraftSight® products are easy to learn and use, and work together to help you design better, faster, and more cost efficiently.