How do manufacturers of home and lifestyle products manage their CAD engineering environment?
The increase product complexity of home goods and the constant pressure to innovative faster requires designers and product development teams to find new ways to improve the way they work.
CAD tools offer strong design capabilities, however what’s missing is the ability to connect all engineering data in a single source and share it in real-time with team members. The ability to connect the dots between engineering, manufacturing planning and operations, and suppliers increases productivity and shortens development cycles.
Did you know?
- 93% of companies report they need to improve collaboration with different groups.
- Engineers work with outdated information 28% of the time.
- 59% of companies rate their ability to synchronize design data with third parties as ""moderate"" to ""not at all effective.""
- 89% agree that better collaboration with non-CAD users would help.
- Top performers are 33% more likely to collaborate with customers.
*Tech Clarity report, ‘What's the Cost of Poor Engineering Collaboration’
What is the Solution?
By connecting CATIA V5 to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform™ designers and design managers of consumer and home goods can perform data and product lifecycle management from within their familiar CAD environment to seamlessly manage all stages of product development.
With this collaborative engineering management experience, users can reveal CATIA V5 CAD data to other design contributors, manage projects, assign tasks, and collaborate more effectively. Plus, additional applications work with CATIA V5 to support advanced design, simulation and manufacturing processes.
Enjoy the advantages of collaborative engineering management using CATIA V5 data -- without the hassle of translations. Use CATIA V5 on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.